Last updated: July 29, 2020
Members / Site Visitors
This section applies to the personal information we collect and process from a Member or Site Visitor through the provision of the Service. If you are not a Member, other sections of this policy may be more applicable to you and your data. In this section, "you" and "your" refer to Members and Site Visitors.
A. Information We Collect
The personal information that we collect depends on the context of your interactions with Not Quite a Developer, your Not Quite a Developer account settings, the products and features you use, your location, and applicable law. However, the personal information we collect broadly falls into the following categories:
(i) Information you provide to us: You (or your organization) may provide certain personal information to us when you become a member and consult with us, send us an email or communicate with us in any other way.
This information may include:
- Business contact information (such as your name, job title, organization, location, phone number, email address, and country);
- Marketing information (such as your contact preferences);
- Account log-in credentials (such as your email address when you sign up to become a member);
- Troubleshooting and support data (which is data you provide or we otherwise collect in connection with support queries we receive from you. This may include contact or authentication data, the content of your chats and other communications with us related to your help inquiry); and
- Payment information if applicable at some point in the future (including your credit card numbers and associated identifiers and billing address).
B. Use of Personal Information
We may use the personal information we collect or receive through the Service (alone or in combination with other data) for the purposes and on the legal bases identified below:
- To send you email notifications about new posts, comments and/or related material.
- To communicate with you about your account and provide customer support to perform our contract with you for the use of the Service or where we have not entered into a contract with you, in reliance on our legitimate interests in administering and supporting our Service.
- To enforce compliance with our Terms and Conditions and applicable law, and to protect the rights and safety of our Members in reliance on our legitimate interest to protect against misuse or abuse of our Service and to pursue remedies available. This may include developing tools and algorithms that help us prevent violations. For example, sometimes we review the content our Members send or display to ensure it complies with our Terms and Conditions. To improve that process, we have software that helps us find content that may violate our Terms and Conditions. This benefits all Members and Site Visitors who comply with our Terms and Conditions because it reduces abuse and helps us maintain a reliable platform. Please do not use Not Quite a Developer to send or display confidential information.
- To meet legal requirements, including complying with court orders, valid discovery requests, valid subpoenas, and other appropriate legal mechanisms.
- To provide information to representatives and advisors, including attorneys and accountants, to help us comply with legal, accounting, or security requirements in reliance on our legitimate interests.
- To prosecute and defend a court, arbitration, or similar legal proceeding.
- To respond to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
- To provide, support and improve the Service in reliance on our legitimate interests in administering and improving the Service and providing certain features. For example, this may include sharing your information with third parties in order to provide and support our Service or to make certain features of the Service available to you. When we share your personal information with third parties, we take steps to protect your information in a manner that is consistent with our obligations under applicable privacy laws.
- To provide suggestions to you and to provide tailored features within our Service that optimize and personalize your experience in reliance on our legitimate interests in administering the Service and providing certain features. Some of these suggestions are generated through analysis of the data used in our data analytics projects, as described below.
C. Your Data Protection Rights
Depending on the country in which you reside, you may have the following data protection rights:
- To access; correct; update; port; delete; restrict; or object to our processing of your personal information.
- The right to complain to a data protection authority about the collection and use of personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority. Contact details for data protection authorities in the EEA and UK are available here and Switzerland are available here.
- Similarly, if personal information is collected or processed on the basis of consent, the data subject can withdraw their consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect the processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection law. We may ask you to verify your identity in order to help us respond efficiently to your request.
Not Quite a Developer also follows a standard procedure of using log files. These files log visitors when they visit websites. All hosting companies do this and a part of hosting services' analytics. The information collected by log files include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date and time stamp, referring/exit pages, and possibly the number of clicks.
Cookies and Web Beacons
Like any other website, Not Quite a Developer uses 'cookies'. These cookies are used to store information including visitors' preferences, and the pages on the website that the visitor accessed or visited. The information is used to optimize the users' experience by customizing our web page content based on visitors' browser type and/or other information.
For more general information on cookies, please read the "What Are Cookies" article on Cookie Consent's website.
Note that Not Quite a Developer has no access to or control over these cookies that are used by third-party advertisers.
Third Party Privacy Policies
You can choose to disable cookies through your individual browser options. To know more detailed information about cookie management with specific web browsers, it can be found at the browsers' respective websites.
Another part of our priority is adding protection for children while using the internet. We encourage parents and guardians to observe, participate in, and/or monitor and guide their online activity.
Not Quite a Developer does not knowingly collect any Personal Identifiable Information from children under the age of 13. If you think that your child provided this kind of information on our website, we strongly encourage you to contact us immediately and we will do our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.